5.02.2011

My Generation

I worry for my generation and the marriages and the relationships we will have. We've grown up watching our parents fight tooth and nail to make things in their relationships work. Often times, they end up not working at all. What kind of outlook does that leave for us?

I personally have grown up with the motto of "Anything worth having is worth fighting for." And to a certain extent, this is so true. I've worked hard to get to the places I am today and will continue to work hard to succeed throughout my life. But should I have to fight to be happy? Maybe I'm naive, but I believe that a relationship should be easy. I'm not saying there should never be tough times, but the hard times shouldn't outnumber the easy times. Love should be fun and carefree. It shouldn't be a constant struggle. But is this what we've been shown? Are our parents setting that example for us?

Some have said my standards are too high. I will admit, I am very picky. But I ask you, Why shouldn't I be? Should I not look for exactly what I want in a husband? After all, I will be spending the rest of my life with him! I want to find the person that completes me. The person I don't have to fight with to make it work. And until I do, or until you find that person, why settle?

No comments:

Post a Comment