1.16.2014

17 Weeks

How far along: 17 weeks
Gender: Still not sure. We were hoping to find out earlier this month, but He/she didn't cooperate. Here's hoping for next time!
Weight gain: -15 pounds, but I predict that to change in the near future. My hunger has returned and it's not messing around.
Maternity clothes: Some but not all. I'm still able to wear most shirts, but regular pants are only happening with the assistance of my bellaband. P.S. Maternity pants are fantastic. I may never stop wearing them even post pregnancy.
Stretch marks: Not yet. I started using a belly butter and am hoping for the best
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: Sleeping very well and still requiring a lot of it. I have made myself stop my afternoon naps though, which means I'm usually in bed by 8:30.
Best moment this week: When you work with high schoolers, you've got to take compliments however you can get them. This week, my girls at school told me I don't just look chubby, but I actually look pregnant. So I'm taking that as a win.
Worst moment this week: Popped by the doctor on Monday to have something checked out and they found an elevated level of sugar in my urine. Gestational diabetes has been a concern of mine from the start, so this really worries me. They are going to monitor it and possibly do a glucose test. Preparing myself for the worst, but hoping for the best.
Miss anything:Fish. We used to eat a lot of fish for dinner. Its quick, easy and pretty cheap. Right now, I can't take the smell long enough to prepare and then eat it. Hoping that passes soon otherwise there is a lot of chicken in our near future.
Movement: When laying on my stomach over the weekend, I feel a lump where I assume the baby was. That was pretty neat, but still no fluttery feelings.
Cravings: Strawberries and salad.
Queasy or sick: Not at all thank you Jesus
Looking forward to: Doctor's appointment Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment