12.18.2013

13 Weeks

How far along: 13 weeks
Gender: Still not sure. My grandmother says "That is a girl! Look at that face! That is a girl's face!" after looking at the ultrasound from this week. We should know on January 6! Gender Reveal party to follow!
Weight gain: -18 pounds. I haven't been sick much in the past week and a half {WOOHOO!}, so I've put a bit on. It's really hard to get on the scale and see the pounds adding on. I obviously know that's what is supposed to happen, but as a weight conscious gal for my whole life, it's hard to accept as normal.
Maternity clothes: Not yet, but I feel it coming soon. Pants are starting to be uncomfortable by the end of the day. I'm seeing a lot of sweatpants in my near, Christmas break future!
Stretch marks: Not yet.
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: Poor Andrew has had the flu, so I was exiled to the couch while he recovered. Couch sleeping=crappy sleep. Glad to be back in my warm cozy bed! And I guess I'm glad he is feeling better, too.
Best moment this week: ULTRASOUND! I got to see Baby Haley kicking it's little tiny legs and wiggling around! It was absolutely amazing. Since I haven't been getting sick, I've been a little nervous that things have taken a turn for the worst. It was such a relief to see our sweet baby growing and playing around in there. Also, I foresee a lot of kicking pains for me in the coming months!
Worst moment this week: As I said before, Andrew has been sick. It was terrible to not be able to care for him and cuddle him (gag, I know). I kept my distance and was out of the house as much as possible. It's crazy to miss a person you can see, but I did.
Miss anything: Having general control of my own body. I'm a control freak that generally speaking likes to do what I want. It's humbling and horrible to not be able to do the things I want to. But I know it's for a good cause!
Movement: Not any that I can feel, but as the ultrasound showed, there's a lot going on in there!
Cravings: Just food in general. I've been legitimately hungry for the first time in months!
Queasy or sick: Only a few times. A huge improvement!
Looking forward to: Christmas Break from school!

No comments:

Post a Comment