12.13.2012

Long Time No See

We have so much to talk about.

In addition to being a bride in waiting, I am also in my first year of teaching. Not sure if any of you are teachers also, but it's quite possibly the most exhausting experience of my life to be a first year teacher. Nonetheless, it's going well and I'm getting used to it a little more every day.

In the mean time, I've gotten a few more details squared away. We booked our caterer a couple of weeks ago. We are using Penelope's Creation Ms. Penny is an up and coming caterer out of Springfield with amazing food and even better prices. She came highly recommended by several friends in the area and by the items we got to taste, she's gonna rock it out. We're having heavy appetizers and a really special treat that I'm excited we were able to work out. Leave it to the fat kids to be most excited about food!

Speaking of fat kids, I've got to lose some weight. I'm so happy and content with life these days that I keep packing on the pounds. I'm at my all time heaviest, which isn't so much my concern as that I can't fit in my wedding dress. I refuse to be such a sad sack that I have to buy another dress. Andrew, bless his heart, just loves me no matter what. In most circumstances, I would be so happy to have a man that loves me just as I am. Unfortunately, I don't need any additional support to be a fat ass. I've got that one covered pretty well. After a stern but loving chat, Andrew and I have started working out together. He, of course, is super committed to it and is already showing major progress. Me, on the other hand, I'm taking just a little bit longer. I started something a little different this week and really like it, so hopefully it takes. We'll see.

On to more fun things, my wonderful friend from high school is custom making my veil! I could die really. She is fabulously talented and is definitely going to be famous some day so naturally I am excited to have a piece of her work! We met back in October to talk it over and I'm waiting anxiously to get the final product! In other fabulous news, I have my wedding shoes! They are all that I could ever dream of in wedding shoes. Andrew cares very little about them, but that's ok. I love him anyway. I've starting constructing Emily's flower girl dress. She'll be wearing a white/ivory tea length tutu with a blue sash. I've been a little worried about how excited she'd be to wear the thing (she takes after her Aunt Kayla on the stubbornness/I'm not wearing that front), but so far so good. I still have a little work on it but we should be in great shape soon. Some of my bridesmaids have dresses (or maybe three dresses. . . I'm looking at you Aunt Deana). We're working on the others. Since they aren't all wearing the same thing, the search is pretty casual. I'm waiting until the spring to decide on their footwear. I'm hoping for some precious pink or purple wedges to hit the stores. Fingers crossed.

We jumped the gun a little and ordered our wedding invitations. Over the summer, I found a Groupon for the printing site Vistaprint that had to be used by November, so went ahead a bought them. We were able to snag 200 each of our invitations and rsvp cards for $75! That is super budget friendly and makes me happy all at the same time. The invites are very casual and personal which is kinda the theme I'm going for wedding-wide. Hope everyone likes them!

I think that's about all the updates I have for now. We have a lot done but still a ways to go. So let's look at our list:
dress
shoes
veil
church
reception site
preacher
caterer
decoration plan

guy's look
bridesmaid's look (only crossing half cause not everyone has it)
flower girl look
bridesmaid, groomsmen and mothers gifts
register
showers
place to live

Hopefully my next update will be a little sooner than the last! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment