11.21.2010

Today Is the Day.

Sometimes you get to a point in your life you never hoped to see. Sometimes people make choices with no regard to the consequences they will face and will have a lack of regard for the impact those choices make on everyone else. I feel like most everyone has come into contact with all of these things. I am no different. I am no better because I'm sure I've been on the sending side of these transgressions at some time or another as well as the receiving side. I, however, hope that I have learned a lesson from my mistakes and can grow from them here and now.

Perfection is what I strive for. It's conflicting, though, because I know no one will ever be perfect. It's hard for me to not hold people to a high standard because of my passion for perfection. I try to consider that I nor anyone else will ever be perfect. We are all just human and will make mistakes most everyday of our lives whether they be big or small. I get that. What I don't get though, is how we as humans can be faced with evidence of our mistakes and deny to ourselves and to others that they are, in fact, very much a mistake. Again, I know I'm guilty, but I'm frustrated by it.

I've said many times before that I'm not a maternal person. I don't think that I have the mom gene. But lately, I have given myself some credit. I've seen lots of examples lately of the right choices I've made with others in mind. Those others are children that can't make choices like these for themselves. I'm proud of myself for the growth in that area and also that maybe I'm a little bit closer to the perfection that I strive for.

As I started this post, sometimes you get to a place in your life that you never thought you'd be in. Sometimes you have to walk away from that place. It's not easy. It's not pleasant. But it's the right thing to do. Sometimes you've got to walk away. Today is that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment