7.19.2010

Wait? Loss!

Ahh but a few months ago, I had a goal for my weight loss. I went on spring break with two crazy fun girls and I was bound and determined to look skinny, fresh and fly for it. I worked out every single day, sometimes even twice a day and got to probably my smallest size in my adult life. And IT FELT GOOD!!! I loved how I felt confident in my clothes and with myself prancing around all the other (read: younger, skinnier, hotter) college co-eds on the boat like I belonged. Ahh, the memories.

Meanwhile, back in reality, several months and one or ten too many meals later, I'm back to bigger than when I began my mission for skinny in February. Here's where the problem begins. I've never had much trouble with self-confidence. And I know that sounds beyond douche-y to say, but I just haven't. Do I like everything about my appearance? Heck No. But I rarely look in the mirror and not think, "Dang girl, you look GOOOOD!" That? Right there? Not always the case. It's not that I think I look bad-ha yeah right!- but I know I can be better, be healthier, and be skinnier cause I've been those things before.



Cute Dress Huh? Totally Don't Fit in It Anymore!!
That brings us to today, when I had my come to Jesus chat with myself. Why not now? So I don't have a cruise to be skinny for. So what? I have a LIFE to be skinny for! And more than being skinny, I want to be healthy. I want to not feel winded when I'm playing with Dalton. I want to be able to finish a whole Zumba class without thoughts of death! I want to be around for much longer than these 23 years of mine, so its time to do something about it!

Today, I started counting points with Weight Watchers. I'm not really in to the whole meeting thing, so I'm doing mine online. Lots of my family has had success with the points system, so I hope I can too! In addition to eating better, I hope to exercise more. Tonight, my sister and Allison (formerly known as Allie, Allie Gator, Gator, etc.) went to a Zumba/PiYo class in Greenbrier. I think we are gonna make it a regular thing cause it was super fun! Hopefully, with support from my family and friends, this whole healthy living weight loss business is gonna go pretty smoothly. I'll keep you guys updated!

On a side note, Happy Birthday to two of my favs, Allison (formerly known as Allie) and Charlie!! Love you both!




No comments:

Post a Comment