7.11.2010

Long Lost Blogger...




Ok, so I know I've been MIA for well over a week now. And I know you faithful readers have been wracking your brains wondering what you must have done to make me leave this wonderful world of online writing so quickly. But never fear gentle readers, I'm back!!


For the past two weeks, I haven't really taken a breath. My family does a huge fourth of July celebration where everyone gets together. We eat a lot, we drink a lot, and we have a LOT of fun. Unlike most families fourth plans, ours last for like a week. So starting Wednesday the 30th of June, the Brown invasion descended upon Robertson County. We had a great turn out this year. Lots of little kiddies running around, enjoying the company of the other cousins their ages. The adults, which hello-how exciting is it that I'm an adult!, played cards, sat at Aunt Geneva's bar, and also enjoyed the company of many aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends. Saturday the 3rd was our big day. We had the usual barbecue meal, fireworks, all that. It was way fun to be with my family, have friends come, and relax on the eve of the special day.


After all that settled down, I spent another fun filled week with my BFF Jason. He came in town for the holiday, so he came to my family stuff and I went to his. The highlight of the week for sure was our visit to Nashville Shores with his mom and brother. I haven't been there in many many years, and it was really a great day. I didn't even get too sunburnt!! After our week here, we both ventured back east to Knoxville for an engagement party Friday and birthday party Saturday. We had a really good time at both and just enjoyed getting to see each other, which rarely happens since he lives so far away. I know a lot of people don't understand Jason and my friendship, and let's be honest, its very unusual. But I'm very thankful to have him as a friend.

I'm sure there are tons of other happenings between my last post and now that I'm forgetting to add, but such is life. I hope to not leave so much time between posts anymore! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment