8.31.2010

Day 3. Your Parents

This one could be pretty long since I have approximately 1879689734 parents. Ok, not really. My Mom and Dad divorced when I was 12, much to mine and my sister's relief. Both are remarried, or re-remarried...At any rate, I have four awesome parents to help me along the way.

My Mom and I usually don't see eye to eye. We are pretty much polar opposites, and because of that, we've had our ups and downs. But thankfully, as I've gotten older, we have grown closer and have grown to appreciate each other's differences. She is probably the most successful person I know. She started at the bottom of a company, and with lots of hard work, she has worked her way to the top. I'm really proud of her. She's always given me love, whether it be tough love or otherwise, and I really appreciate everything she's done for me and my sister.

Oh Daddy. My Dad and I are a lot alike (hence the issue with my mom perhaps? haha). He knows I'm a free spirit and that I'm a little flighty, but has always just let me be who I am. Daddy has a little problem with tough times. Anytime something bad happens, all Dad knows to do is cook, call you a bajillion times, and tell you he loves you repeatedly. It's really helpful, actually, cause it's good for a laugh. Daddy always loved when friends would come over, a natural born hostess he was. He has prepared many meals for a large amount of the younger population of Robertson County, and has loved every minute of it. Thanks to Daddy for always sticking by me, even when I wasn't making the best choices.

I have two bonus parents, Jim and Brenda. Each have been more than supportive of me and my family. Jim has always treated us as if we were his natural born children. Not once has he referred to me or our family as step anything, always his daughter. I don't think he knows how much that means to me. Brenda, God bless her, had some terrible shoes to fill. She came along right after wife number two, which I will spare you my angry words about, and I can only imagine that maybe we were a little cold at first. But we've grown to know she isn't a maniac and things have been just fine since then!

Thanks to all my parents for being more than amazing to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment