9.01.2010

Day 4. Your Sibling(s)

Oh sister. My older sister Tiffany and I haven't always liked each other very much. I'm just gonna skip that part though and go straight to us being bff, like we are now. About three or four years ago, something just clicked. I like to think that she finally decided that she wasn't my mom, but at any rate it worked. I've really come to get to know Tiffany in a different way and I'm so happy because of it. I guess since she got married, we have grown closer. Especially since she started trying to have a baby. I remember worrying for her and hoping for her, and then finally (with a little birthday magic!) she was pregnant and I was delighted. For the first time really, I was protective of my sister. I wanted to make sure she was feeling well, that she had the things she needed, etc. The pinnacle of my protectiveness came at a Predators game, when I realized that if a puck came over the nets, I would have to shield her with my body. And I would have. Since Dalton has been around, I feel like we just keep getting closer and closer. We take a Zumba class together on Monday, and it's something I look forward to all week long. I'm so glad that I not only love my sister now, but I like her too.

Abby Fisher came along when I was in eighth grade. It was a big enough age difference that I was more than delighted for her arrival. Her unfortunate mother left us all high and dry, and I got to spend a lot of time with Abby because of it. Abby was the first person that I can really recall loving unconditionally. At the ripe ole age of 14, I could take or leave my parents, but Abby was another story. I can remember episodes with her mom when we were unsure of Abby's safety or whereabouts and I was absolutely terrified. I would have given anything to insure that she was ok. She got to live a life most little girls aren't privied to. She had lots of friends (my friends) that came around to hang out and loved her to pieces. She went to prom, complete with a bouquet of her own, on her 4th birthday. She got to go and do things with her older sisters and be a big kid for most of her little life. Now, Abby is in the fourth grade, in my best friend's class. She's a pro at being a flower girl. And an excellent aunt to Dalton. I love her to death and am so happy to have her in my life!



Here's a link to the list, if anyone needs a reminder. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment