9.07.2010

Day 10. Someone You Don’t Talk to as Much as You’d Like

I have two people to write about today! So bear with me...

Rachel and I became friends in fourth grade when we had to endure the most wretched teacher ever. We were in the same class on and off until graduation. She and I did a lot of the same activities so we naturally spent a lot of time together. We are pretty close to polar opposites, so we used to fight...a LOT. But nonetheless, we were best friends all the while.

Rachel went to school in Knoxville and I went to Clarksville. We both made new friends and new lives, but tried to stay in touch as much as we could. Rachel and I may not talk every single day or week even, and it may be months between the times that we get to spend time together. But I love Rachel because no matter how long it's been, it's like no time has passed between our chats or visits. Rachel got married in May, and I was honored to be a bridesmaid and stand beside her as she married the man of her dreams. She just started her first big girl job at Bearden High School in Knoxville as an English teacher, and I couldn't be more proud of her! I hate that I don't see her often and that we don't talk nearly enough, but I'm certainly happy to have had her in my life for almost 15 years!

I met Katie around this time last year at a Boomsday Party in Knoxville. I immediately loved her to death and thought she was beyond amazing. Fast forward to late winter time, I was looking for a Spring Break buddy and so was she! It was a match made in heaven. We set sail on the boat in March and spent a wondrous week together! Katie and I found that we had a lot in common and had a great time together. We bonded of Chelsea Handler, boys, and our love of...well, let's just leave it at that:) Since then, we've kept in touch as best we can. She also recently just started her first big girl job for Shelby County schools teaching middle school Spanish. She school has started for the both of us, we haven't had as much time to chat, and I miss her dearly. I can't wait for everything to settle down so we can be besties again!

No comments:

Post a Comment