9.11.2010

Day 13. Someone You Wish Could Forgive You

As I have said before, I don't really like leaving situations unresolved, so there isn't anyone that I can really think of that needs to forgive me for something. However, I'm my biggest critic, so I think maybe I'll write about myself.

You see, I have made a lot of not so great choices in my life. And because of those choices, I'm not really in the place in my life that I expect/intended to be at 23. I stupidly compare myself to others that are my same age but have real jobs, and degrees, and husbands. I really get down on myself because I don't have those things that are normal for someone my age. I know though that its my own fault and my own choices to blame. But still, it frustrates me.

I'm also very critical of any and everything I do. I love to cook, and know I do it well. But every recipe I try or meal I make, I find something wrong with. Same thing with my appearance. I can be looking fly, but I still notice little things-that no one else cares about- that's wrong with me. The strange thing is, I don't have a low confidence. I mean really, I love myself. But I just expect perfection, and let's be real, nothing about me is even close to perfect.

My critical nature is something I'd really like to work on. I think I need to become a go with the flow kinda girl, but for now, I'm just the same anal-retentive, perfection expecting, single college girl at age 23.

2 comments:

  1. You know, Kayla. You will drive yourself NUTS trying to be perfect... You have a fbbff that did that........ ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same things. Maybe we'll all find some peace in our craziness this Thursday!

    ReplyDelete