9.23.2010

Ok. I'm OVER That Thing...

Yeah. Title pretty much sums up my feelings on the 30 Days of Posting Business. It was fun at first and nice to have topics to write about. But as the days went by, the topics got more lame and more repetitive, and I just can't do it anymore. Not to mention, I'm sure you fine folks are DYING to know what's going on with me!! So I won't keep you in suspense any longer...

Let's see. I don't even remember when I posted on my own accord last. Seriously, I just had to look back to know. Since August 25, I have been running non-stop. I haven't had a free weekend, and won't until after Thanksgiving. I'll give you a week by week break down to the best of my memory.

Week of August 29- This week my mom and Jim, Aunt Deana, the Ballard's, and the Head's (Nicole's mom and dad) went to Cabo and left me here with approximately 8000 dogs and children. Not really, but close. I had Charlie, Piper, Scarlett, Lizzie, Kaiya, and Whitley and Treavor. FULL HOUSE to say the least. That week was mostly filled with dog poop and paper writing. Again, I NEVER want to be a single mom. It's so stressful! Nonetheless, we made it through the week. I was supposed to go to Knoxville that weekend for my annual Labor Day/Boomsday fun. Unfortunately, my trip was cancelled as Jason's grandmother passed away. He came home that Tuesday and she passed Thursday. I went with him for visitation and funeral and just tried to be there for him as best I could. It was a little on the awkward side because that's kind of a girlfriend move, ya know? And I'm not his girlfriend. But I wanted to be there if he wanted me to, so on we went. It was nice to spend time with that side of his family. I had never met most of them, but they were kind and warm to me even during their hard time. Oh yeah, and class started back. Ugh.

Week of September 5- Everyone finally came back. I want to say that I did something for Labor Day, but honestly, I just can't remember. I don't really remember much about this week in general. I had a 31 gifts party. Ordered some cool new stuff. My previously schedule Knoxville trip was moved to this weekend. I just went to hang out and luckily missed the horrific game and monsoon. Did some tailgating and bar hopping. Napped a lot. It was a good time.

Week of September 12- This week was an up and down one. I gained some housemates, so that's cool. Went to dinner with some great friends and had a fabulous time. Witnessed the most AMAZING FOOTBALL GAME OF MY LIFE!! For those of you that don't know, we beat White House, my nemesis of my LIFE! It was such a great feeling to even be there. So proud of Treavor and his team for fighting the good fight and leading us to a victory that not many Greenbrier teams have seen. Whitley and the dance team danced an awesome dance during pregame. I'm totally impressed with her skills! WHO KNEW?! Whitley's got some moves! Then after the game, Aunt Deana, Christy, Allie, and I ventured east yet again to Gatlinburg where the Mother/Daughter group from our family had already gotten the party started. Mother/Daughter is an annual trip my family's female take. There are just a few criterion for Mother/Daughter attendance: You must be 18. No Men, No Kids, and No Husbands. Other than that, anything goes! We had a great time in a beautiful cabin in the mountains and at Dixie Stampede! It's nice to get to catch up with everyone, especially my cousin Jana who is closest in age to me. Good times.

Week of September 20- Wait, that's now! I'm in full-force wedding mode these days. I've spent most of my time getting ready for Nicole's shower on Sunday. I'm so excited that it's getting closer! The wedding is less than a month away now, and my weekends are devoted to wedding events. This and next weekend is various showers, then BACHELORETTE PARTY!, then luncheon and finally WEDDING TIME! Can not believe it's already time. Wow. Can't believe it.

Well, I guess that's pretty much caught up. So glad to be back to my own style!

No comments:

Post a Comment